North Shore Art Guild, Inc., founded in 1991 is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization designed to assist and inspire artists at all levels and within all mediums.
To promote arts and advancement in all areas of artistic endeavors. The Guild encourages exposure and growth through exhibitions, workshops, demonstrations and helpful "critiquing" given by seasoned artists.
We invite all artists whatever level or medium, to join, learn and grow with the North Shore Art Guild.
Vertical Menu Using CSS Css3Menu.com
WELCOME TO NORTH SHORE ART GUILD
meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 3rd at 7PM
and will be held at the Rose Caracappa
Center 739 Route 25A, Mt Sinai, NY.
North Shore Art Guild is pleased to welcome Guest Speaker, Sandi Woessner who will discuss “The Art of Framing.” Sandi is an artist and the owner of Blue Door Gallery. Blue Door Gallery is located at 121 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901
Ms. Woessner will share her expertise in framing styles that compliment best original artwork. She will also discuss setting pricing. Questions from the viewing audience will be welcomed.
Blue Door Gallery, 121 Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901, 631-208-8166
She has more than 14 years as a local business owner.
Annual membership dues were due JANUARY, 2015. If you have not paid your dues please pay them as soon as you can. Your dues are our major source of revenue which allows us to afford guest speakers and other amenities that you enjoy.
If you need a Membership application it can be downloaded at this link or you can obtain one at all general meetings.
If you want to pay your dues online this is the link - http://northshoreartguild.com/c.html
2015 Meeting & Event Schedule
All meetings unless notified differently will be held at the Rose Caracappa Center 739 Route 25A, Mt Sinai, NY.
Deadline for submissions July 31
Notice of acceptance/denial sent Week of August 16
Drop off of Artwork Aug 29th, 10:00am-12:00pm
Exhibition Begins August 30th, 9:00-9:00pm
Reception Sat, October 3rd, 4:00-7:00pm
Breakdown & Pickup Sat., October 31th10:00am-12:00
September 14th – Fran Roberts leads group Critique - Nominations discussed for 2016-17 Officers. (*September 7th – Labor Day)
October 5th – Deadline for nominations for officers. General Meeting; Group Critique
November 2nd – Guest Speaker Artist & Illustrator, Anna Jurinich; election of Officers
December Holiday Party – To be announced
For upcoming Art Opportunities
visit Art Opportunities Monthly - an online publication that has agreed to list our event "Artists United Against Breast Cancer."
map to the Rose Caracappa Center
UPDATED Prospectus effective July 1, 2015 all previous versions are void
CALL TO ALL VISUAL ARTISTS
CALL TO ALL VISUAL ARTISTS
North Shore Art Guild announces the Judging Lineup for “Artists United Against Breast Cancer"
1. Entry by Mail or online
2. EXTENDED Deadline August 14, 2015
3. Entrance fee - $20 for up to TWO pieces
4. CASH PRIZES! $1000 is cash prize money - Best In Show, $500, 1st place, $250, 2nd place, $150, and 3rd place, $100!!
This is an open, themed, juried show. You do not need to be a member of North Shore Art Guild to participate. Exhibition Dates: Sunday, August 30, 2015 – Saturday, October 31, 2015. Please see Event Calendar at the end of the prospectus.
“Victors of Survival” is not just about breast cancer. It’s about personal transformation, the person you become having faced the experience. It’s about the emergence of the warrior within you, and the struggle that brings it forth. It’s about you, the artist, and how you choose to transform that passion into expression.
THEME: personal transformation through crisis – Simplification: Images associated personal growth, rebirth, hope, love, fear, loss or victory - any experience or emotion you can imagine that might be associated with having gone through a crisis or experienced a loved one doing the same.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all visual artists
• Entry is limited to 2 works
• Open to all original two-dimensional work including painting, drawing,
photography and mixed media.
• Giclée are acceptable.
• Family friendly
• Work may not exceed 32” high by 32”wide INCLUDING FRAME and 30 lbs.
• Accepted work must be suitably prepared for gallery display. All work must be wired tightly within the top quarter of the frame. Stretched canvas, if unframed, must have clean staple-free edges. No saw tooth hangers. NSAG will not accept work that is unstable, damaged or does not meet the specified conditions.
• All work must be identified with a label on the back showing artists name, work title, medium, and sale price
• Accepted work must be hand delivered to the Port Jefferson Village Center 101 E Broadway, Port Jefferson, NY on August 29, 2015 between 10am and 12pm..
TWO WAYS TO ENTER YOUR WORK:
1. Electronic submission: Go to https://client.smarterentry.com/NSAG. If you have never used the “Smarter Entry” online submission system before Click on the Sign Up Now link and follow the directions on the Site Login Page to create a new profile. Your username will be your email address. If you have used “SmarterEntry” before just sign in with your email address and password.
• Click on “Artists United Against Breast Cancer” to register (it is under the
Heading AVAILABLE SHOWS). You will be taken to a secure site where you can pay your application fee.
• Once you have paid your application fee, you can upload your images. Submit your images as JPG, TIF, or PNG files not greater than 2MB. The longest side should be 1,280 pixels or greater. Click on the Choose File button to browse for the file you want to upload from your computer
• Upload your image as directed. Please note that all fields marked with an asterisk are required. Click Add Image to upload it into a portfolio. When the image appears in the column on the right, it has been submitted to the competition.
• Repeat this process for your second image if desired. You can click “Return to Account” on the left hand bar at any time and return later to submit your second image. You can delete and resubmit a new image at no additional cost up to the deadline.
• If you are having difficulty email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a time to walk you through the process.
2. Mail in your submission: (MUST be received by Saturday, August 14, 2015)
Applications can be downloaded at http://northshoreartguild.com/AUABC.pdf
A JPG of your image must either be sent in with the application on CD or emailed to email@example.com
• Entrance fee is $20 for up to 2 works. You may enter only one if you choose.
• Ribbons will be given for Best in Show, 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place and 6 honorable mentions. All winners will be awarded at the discretion of the judge. There decisions are FINAL.
• ADDITIONALLY Cash prizes will be awarded for
Best in Show - $500
First Place - $250
Second Place - $150
Third Place - $100
SALES AND COMMISSIONS
• 25% of all sales will be donated to the Benefit so please adjust your prices accordingly if needed.
• The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed after the entry deadline of August 9, 2015 at 12pm. Purchased work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
• All winning images will be spotlighted in our event program with the artist’s statement and contact information. Please have a Bio ready in case we request it..
• Entries will be handled with professional care. However, NSAG will not be held liable for loss or damage to work.
• Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
• NSAG reserves the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
• Submission of work into this exhibit constitutes an agreement by the artist to the listed terms and conditions.
Deadline for receipt of application: Sunday, August 14, 2015 at 12pm.
Notification of acceptance will be sent emailed by August 24, 2015
Drop off - Saturday, August 29, 2015, 10am – 12pm
Exhibition opens to the public: Sunday, August 30, 2015
Reception: Saturday October 3, 2015, 4-7pm
Pick-up artwork: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 10am – 12 Noon
*No work will be accepted before or after the Drop Off Hours.
**If you cannot pick up your work at the scheduled time please arrange with a friend to pick it up for you. We have no storage after the pickup time. If you have not made arrangements work not picked up will be considered abandoned.